Modern dairy complexes place high demands on the organization of labor. Efficient production involves saving both working time for routine work and units of equipment and personnel. That’s why buying a forklift is often the solution to a variety of tasks.
Versatility of forklifts
Telescopic forklifts are used in both livestock and crop production. They are indispensable for cleaning farms, transporting manure, mixing and distributing feed, as well as for loading fertilizers, seeders, overloading grain, sugar beets, bales with straw. Besides, the loaders are used in construction as small tractors, as well as in utilities.
Front telescopic loaders are used for lifting, loading and moving loads with different dimensions, for working on open areas with uneven roads, making wells, concrete, street cleaning, etc.
Reliability of forklifts
Telescopic loaders of different manufacturers, the use of which has long been proven in practice, externally tend to be very similar. That is why the first factor in choosing a forklift is service and after-warranty service. Then you should pay attention to the technical characteristics of the models, such as:
Type of frame
There are one-piece frames and articulated frames consisting of two half-frames – front and rear, connected by a hinge to each other. Each of these types of frames has its own advantages.
Extending boom sections
One of the options for extending the boom sections is used: with the use of hydraulic cylinders and chain. Currently, many manufacturers are of the opinion that hydraulic cylinders are more reliable. Chains get stretched in the process of operation. For this reason, the condition of the chain must be monitored and, if necessary, adjusted.
Type of transmission
The type of transmission can be hydrodynamic or hydrostatic. In terms of functionality, professionals advise choosing a hydrostatic transmission. The only advantage of a hydrodynamic transmission is that there is no high pressure. A hydrostatic transmission, in turn, has far fewer parts, requiring fewer parts to rebuild, and allowing you to rebuild more accurately and quickly.
In the early ’70s, responding to the growing need in agriculture to replace grueling manual labor with non-tiring machine work, the first developed compact and comfortable tractors with a flexible articulated frame. The sturdy and highly flexible machine was designed to help small farmers with daily loading and transportation tasks. An extensive program of attachments for a wide variety of tasks made this machine versatile and applicable in many industries.
Weidemann articulated telescopic loaders have proven to have a number of advantages over the so-called solid frame:
- The central element of the concept: The flexible pendulum joint. The wheel loaders stand firmly on the ground with all four wheels. In every situation. On any terrain. The front and rear end of the loader swing independently of each other (12°), which ensures maximum sensitivity to unevenness of the terrain. The result: Maximum traction during travel. No power loss.
- The workplace is protected from vibration: The machine absorbs vibrations and shocks. Your body is protected and you can work more relaxed and concentrated for longer periods of time.
- Comfortable operation: The forklift workstations are ergonomically designed with field-of-view instruments, an adjustable driver’s seat and a multifunction joystick for one-hand operation.
- Good visibility: is a must in day-to-day operations. This is made possible by large-area, optimally positioned windows on forklift trucks. And when passing through narrow spaces, the loaders feature a clear view above the telescopic boom.
- Changing implements without leaving the cab: The standard hydraulic interlock and the variety of implements used allow for maximum flexibility.
- Tiltable cab: Quick and easy access to the engine, hydraulics and electrical system. You can perform standard service and inspection work on all components yourself. This reduces costs and increases the service life of the machine.
- Precise stacking of loads without overturning, with one turn of the steering wheel: This is achieved thanks to the articulated frame. When loading, the working head can be swivelled to the left or right, so that the load can be deposited or emptied to the left or right without crossing over.
- Track-to-track driving and small turning radius: For example, when driving along a wall, you can turn 90° without the risk of hitting the wall with your body, because the rear axle is exactly in the track of the front axle.
- All force is transferred to the loader arm: When loading the bucket, the weight of the machine and all the force is directed to the bucket. You can always steer the machine precisely and reliably, even with high loads!